POSITION TITLE: AUTOCAD TECHNICIAN
The Engineering Administrative Assistant/ AutoCAD Technician services shall include editing and producing documents, providing courier services between contractor and Government counterparts, and providing timely delivery services.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Prepare required reports for management review and assist managers with administrative actions required, including data entry
- Prepare detailed finished drawings from engineering concept sketches, existing redlined drawings, and schematics
- Use Spatial Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE), use surveying equipment such as a theodolite, geodimeter, and Trimble GPS Rover, and create topographical maps.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
- Title of Direct Report(s): None
- Title of Supervisor: Site Manager
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to create architectural, electrical, mechanical, structural, and civil design drawings using AutoCAD, and knowledgeable in engineering tables, plans, and specifications
- Excellent communications, effective leadership and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate; can use Microsoft Office and Project, etc
- Ability to fluently read, write, speak, and understand English
- Ability to become familiar with the local culture and customs and to conduct themselves accordingly
- Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment.
Experience & Education
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Four (4) years of experience working with engineering and design administration
- Five (5) years of experience in surveying and drafting, with at least 1 year of experience working with recent versions of AutoCAD
- Additional experience/education may be required by contract or assignment
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to the position title in the subject line.
WG Pitts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.