The Civil Structural Engineer is responsible for planning and conducting independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Devises new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Perform design work for new construction, renovations and improvement projects for real property facilities and utility systems
- Interpret and adapt traditional methods and approaches in developing design calculations, layouts, drawings, and specifications that support project objectives and standards
- Provide civil design services including preparation of civil/site work drawings, structural evaluations and designs, airfield pavements and water/sewer/storm water designs based on existing local utilities and facility load and use.
- Follow and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for design review and project mobilization as necessary
- Comply with health, safety and environmental rules and procedures and performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment
- Performing construction management duties including reviewing construction documents and submittals, performing and documenting daily inspections, and assisting with project punch lists.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Thorough knowledge of civil/structural design and engineering techniques.
- Proficient in creating designs simple enough for local construction contractors to complete, and meet the requirements of the PWS.
- Excellent communications, effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of complete design services including structural load determination, planning and siting.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office and Project, etc.
Experience & Education
- Licensed professional civil engineer (PE) licensed to practice in the US.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in the engineering/construction management industry.
- Five (5) or more years of design experience.
- Have experience with 2012 or newer AutoCAD software.
- Previous experience working on US Government and military domestic and international projects preferred.
- Familiarity with military programming rules and documentation is desirable.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.
Please email your resume to email@example.com and refer to the position title in the subject line.
WG Pitts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.