POSITION TITLE: LICENSED SURVEYOR
The Licensed Surveyor provides engineering surveys (topographical, boundary and benchmark monumentation, baseline and dimensional layout) of planned construction works. Responsible for performing professional computer aided drafting and design (CADD) work, developing departmental plans, maps, projects and reports.
- Provide work control lines and elevations that are required for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials by field staff i.e., forms for concrete pours, anchor bolts, piping hangers and supports, etc.
- Maintain constant awareness of the safety implications of every aspect of design and construction.
- Provide safety surveillance of the project construction to address safety-related acts or conditions.
- Report and correct safety violations in accordance with the Project procedure.
- Provide technical surveying guidance and support for CAD, GIS, and other surveying technical services as required in support of specific construction projects.
- Responsible for maintaining up to date the Base Real Property Inventory records
- Maintain condition and adjustment of surveying equipment
- Attend daily status meetings, pre-construction / kick-off meetings as required
- Execute the work in a timely fashion in support of the project construction design or construction start date.
- Take hand drawn plans from engineers from multiple disciplines (i.e. civil, mechanical & electrical) and use AutoCAD to create presentable and accurate facility and infrastructure plans for conceptual, draft, and final plans, statement of work, and project estimates.
- Develop maps and relational databases to produce updated mapping, including, photo imagery, topography, floodplains, airfield pavements and features, roadway and transportation features, environmental features and infrastructure.
- Support all engineering and architectural disciplines with detailed drawing support for design projects
- Review digital survey information, field notes and sketches to determine what the information is indicating and what approach needs to be taken to create a comprehensive plan.
- Research and locate existing map data (maps and other published information) to support the creation of new plans.
- Liaise with contracted surveying office to obtain topography information for project incorporation to deal with site preparation, drainage and vertical structures.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Full working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 and ESRI Arc Map/Arc Editor plus Microsoft office products.
- Familiarity with all tools and techniques of survey to include: differential leveling, EDM/Data Collectors, and GPS equipment usage (preferably Trimble equipment) and associated download software.
- Capable of creating or updating space usage information contained in S-Files.
- Ability to accurately read design drawings and calculate shapes (geometric, etc.) also required
- Ability to integrate data from any source into the GIS/AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 databases
- Must have the capability to tie all surveys/maps to geodetic monuments set by the US Government for both horizontal and vertical control
- Working knowledge of computer networks and be able to install, maintain, operate and troubleshoot large format plotters.
Experience & Education
- Two (2) or more year’s technical engineering/surveying and mapping.
- Registered Professional Land Surveyor License from any United States State Survey Board of Licensure and have experience in all phases of Surveying and Mapping
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to the position title in the subject line.
WG Pitts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.