WG Pitts has an opening for a PROJECT ACCOUNTANT in Jacksonville, Florida.
Project Administration 10%
- Issuance of New Project Numbers
- Day-to-day administration including issuance of Insurance Certificates to clients, New Project Set-Up, Process Monthly Budget forms and issue new Job Numbers
- Assists Project Manager with other insurance requirements as needed for project (i.e., builder’s risk insurance, etc.)
Job Cost Accounting 30%
Accounts Receivable 40%
- Billing for all operating divisions
- Prepares Monthly Cost Worksheet to forward to Project Managers in preparation of project billing.
- Prepares release of liens and final release of lien to accompany project receivables.
- Resolving collections of outstanding receivables
- Review Accounts receivable aging report monthly to ensure all invoice payments are being received in a timely manner and in accordance with their contracts.
- Recording incoming cash and credit card payment transactions
- Performs Month In close out of A//R and prepares A/R Aging Report
Administrative Duties 20%
- Support to the Accounting Manager, Controller and Project Management Staff
- Assist with getting AR Instruction manual updated
- Answering internal queries
- Assist with projects as directed by Principals, Project Director or Project Manager
- Accountable for ensuring accuracy of the A/R and Project Accounting Policies and Procedures in the Accounting Policy Manual
Educational and Experience Qualifications
B.A. or B.S. Degree in Accounting, Business Management or Finance preferred. Five years of job cost accounting experience required
Mandatory KSA’s include:
· Economics and Accounting
· English Language
· Customer and Personal Service
· Active Listening
· Critical Thinking
· Judgment and Decision Making
· Active Learning
· Problem Sensitivity
· Deductive Reasoning
· Mathematical Reasoning
· Oral and Written Expression
· Written Comprehension
· Speech Clarity
· Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships
· Organizing, Planning & Prioritizing Work
· Communicating with Supervisors, Peers or Subordinates
· Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others
Mandatory Requirements Include
Computer: MS Word, MS Excel, Specialized Accounting Software (ComputerEase or Timberline) , cloud based data storage system (Dropbox)
This position requires work indoors 100% of the workday. Irregular hours and meals may occur occasionally. There are no extreme temperatures, noises, hazard gases or exposure to hazardous materials. The person in this position is required to operate is standard office machinery, for example, a typewriter, computer, adding machine, or copy machine. The person in this position may be required to lift office supplies and materials up to 30 pounds.
Our fast-paced and supportive environment will offer you numerous perks and benefits: a competitive salary, a friendly team, flexible working arrangements, and opportunites for training and development.
If this sounds like the right place and position for you, we’d love to hear from you!
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to the job title in the subject line.
WG Pitts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.